Subject: tags

From: sbelknap <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 17:45:16 -0600

The fact that lojban ranks at 8 or worse is not a good thing. A rationally 
designed web site for lojban should easily be ranked first in comparison with 
the moribund Loglan site with no trickery whatsoever.

The google algorithm is proprietary, so we only have empiric information about 
what it does. See http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest21/6.htm In certain 
cases, the google algorithm *appears* to use the spider meta tags "content" 
and "description". But Robin has a point: the most important tag is the title 
tag. The most effective strategy would be to change the title tag to something 
like:

Loglan: The Logical Language (lojban lo lojbo bangu)

Italicize the lojban phrase.

It would also be a good idea to put the word Loglan in the title tags for many 
of the other pages and provide links on many of these pages back to the main 
lojban page.

I favor using Loglan, the English word for lojban, in all written 
communication about the language which is directed at an English audience. The 
words lojbo, lojban, etc. should be prominently featured on the web site. If 
lojban *is* Loglan, then lets reflect that in our written materials.

-Steven