Subject: [lojban] Re: name of the language

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 17:08:44 -0800

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 08:06:08PM -0500, Robert McIvor wrote:
> 
> On Lundi, d?ce 9, 2002, at 15:31 US/Eastern, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> 
> >On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 02:25:41PM -0600, Steven Belknap wrote:
> >>For those concerned about "poaching," check out the html code for
> >>Loglan.org and lojban.org. Note that the content meta tags for
> >>lojban.org do not mention Loglan, while those for Loglan.org do
> >>mention lojban! The purpose of the meta content tag is to help
> >>people find us with google and other search engines. There is
> >>absolutely nothing wrong with putting "Loglan" in the content list
> >>for lojban.org. I guess that is why lojban gets no higher than 13th
> >>on google, while the first 12 hits are all Loglan sites.
> >>
> >>Um, Robin?
> >
> >I think that loglan.org mentioning lojban is *highly* innappropriate,
> >as the reverse would be for us. I will bow to the boards' will in
> >this, however.
> >
> 
> I wonder why you think it inappropriate, let alone "highly"
> inappropriate.

Sorry, mentioning lojban in the meta tags, not just mentioning us in
general.

Because a site should only mention things in its meta tags that it has
expert information on. loglan.org does *not* have expert information
lojban, nor is the reverse any different.

I'm cool with lojban being in the meta tags of one of your pages that
actually talks about lojban, but having it as a site wide meta tag seems
inappropriate.

> Incidentally, JCB never complained about the reference to Lojban on
> our page.

<nod> I'm sorry, I was inspecific.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u jmaji le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi