Subject: [lojban] Re: html tag ethics

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 20:22:10 -0500

>Loglan is the English word for lojban, just as French is the English word
for
>la francais

In linguistics, the preferred name of a language is the name it calls
itself. Thus, I might mention "Mirandés", but I wouldn't call it "Asturian",
even in English. We have had contact with the French since long before this
custom started, so calling it "Francais" would be out of place. Lojban is a
language created *for linguistic research*, so of course the preferred
English word for it is "Lojban".

"Loglan", according to the courts, is a generic term for a language based on
logic. Lojban is a loglan; so is TLI Loglan, as is Guaspi (which should have
some random punctuation in the name, but I don't remember what), also Plan B
and its parody Plan C. Lojban is not Plan C, but both *officially* fall
under the heading of Loglan.

However, nobody uses the name "Loglan" except to mean TLI Loglan, which is
*not* the same as Lojban. Even you refer to "Loglan", meaning TLI's
implementation of JCB's idea, and "Lojban" for LLG's version.

>=> using keywords in the meta description tag which is not related to the
>page content"

>Loglan is certainly "related" to lojban. Some people say lojban *is*
Loglan.
>(I think they are different words in different languages for the same
thing.)

You know full well that's not the kind of relationship they mean.