Subject: [lojban] Re: What is the meaning of Loglan?

From: sbelknap <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 20:24:52 -0600

>===== Original Message From [email-masked] =====
>>Henceforth, I will refer to LLG's flavor of the language as Loglan when
>>writing in English and lojban when writing in lojban. I thank my
>>correspondents for pointing out my previous, erroneous practice.
>
>It is only erroneous viewed through a prescriptivist lens: the court says
>Loglan includes Lojban, LLG says Lojban "is" Loglan.
>
>If you want to be understood, you must look descriptively at the language
>you are writing in - in this case, English as used by Lojbanists. You will
>see that "Loglan" and "Lojban" have different referents. If you use one
>where the other is meant, people will look at you funny.

During a brief transition time I will use the phrase "LLG Loglan" so as to 
distinguish it from TLI Loglan or Jim Carter's Loglan. I trust that this will 
soon become unnecessary. If others use the word "Loglan" I will interpret that 
as being LLG Loglan unless they explicitly describe it as TLI Loglan.

co'o mi'e la stivn