Subject: [lojban] Re: name of the language

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 19:47:16 -0800

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 09:31:05PM -0500, Robert LeChevalier wrote:
> At 08:06 PM 12/9/02 -0500, Robert McIvor wrote:
> >I wonder why you think it inappropriate, let alone "highly"
> >inappropriate. Incidentally, JCB never complained about the
> >reference to Lojban on our page.
> 
> Indeed, Veijo and the guy who set up the Loglan page mutually set up
> pointers to each other early in the history of our respective web
> sites. At that point many different conlang pages pointed to other
> conlangs, and several people though that we were acting *dishonorably*
> by NOT pointing to the Loglan page. So I okayed it.

Again, I was inspecific. I think the two languages mentioning each
other is great. I think links between the two is cool. I am only
bothered by site-wide meta tags that include the name of the other
language, as that implies that the loglan site is an authority on
lojban, or vice versa.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u jmaji le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi