Subject: Re: [lojban] let's get rid of this lojban == loglan crap (was

From: Robert LeChevalier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 07:04:21 -0500

At 09:42 PM 12/9/02 -0600, Jordan DeLong wrote:
>I'm not a LLG member, so I can't official propose this for the next
>meeting (afaik).

Yes, you are. You aren't a voting member, but a member of the 
community. The voting membership is a legal device to manage the business 
of the community, but there are many voting members that consider it their 
job to serve as representatives for the greater community. As we go into 
online meetings, I'm hoping we can have orderly meetings and also allow the 
larger community to sit in on the meeting if they wish. The details of the 
meeting and how it will be run haven't been worked on yet.

>However, as a member of the community I would
>like to ask that at the next LLG meeting the "lojban is loglan"
>statement be considered for revokation.

I suspect that it will come up. %^) There will in any case be a call for 
agenda items in the spring.

>If the statement truely would be intended to describe what kind of
>conlang lojban is, we should make it "lojban is an engelang" or
>"lojban is a engineered language". However I think the LLG has no
>reason to have such a statement of the category of the language,
>so I would suggest that no new statement regarding this subject
>replace the old.

The statement was NOT a statement of category, but a unilateral declaration 
of an end to the war with TLI, stating that we had won.

lojbab

-- 
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org