Subject: [lojban] Re: let's get rid of this lojban == loglan crap (was Re: tags)

From: Steven Belknap <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 04:36:08 -0600

On Tuesday, December 10, 2002, at 04:04 AM, Adam Raizen wrote:

> la djorden. cusku di'e
>
>> I'm not a LLG member, so I can't official propose this for the next
>> meeting (afaik). However, as a member of the community I would
>> like to ask that at the next LLG meeting the "lojban is loglan"
>> statement be considered for revokation.
>
> There was a very difficult and expensive legal battle fought over this,
> and those who participated in it would probably not want their effort 
> to
> be nullified, and historically Lojban is related to Loglan, so at least
> for those reasons it would probably be difficult to straight-out revoke
> the "lojban is loglan" statement. I think that a clarification is in
> order, though.

I shall be most intrigued to learn of a "clarification" that refutes my 
assertion that Loglan is the English word for what lojbanistanis refer 
to as lojban in their native language. Do you have such a 
"clarification"?

-Steven