Subject: brochure: aesthetics

From: Nick Nicholas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 01:57:51 +1100

http://www.opoudjis.net/lojbanbrochure/lojbanLevel0.pdf

Slight update of just the pdf for 2 reasons:

(1) for Philip to double check the Arabic;
(2) To see if you dislike Trebuchet for Lojban less than Andale Mono. 
Trebuchet certainly makes a statement; I'm just not sure if it's the 
right statement for Lojban text.

The News Gothic font (as plain as American Gothic), I've already 
decided, is a mistake for the notes text --- which is much more 
prominent in the lessons, as it's also what the exercises will be in; 
next time, I'm trying Optima.

The use of what looks to me like Optima in the 3rd edition of Loglan 1 
(1975) might mean Optima in my booklets will hearten some as an 
instance of Loglan continuity. I'd think that a reason against using it 
myself :-) , but Optima *is* way classy.

--
DR NICK NICHOLAS. FRENCH/ITALIAN, UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA.
[email-masked] Tour orghnie tou gerou na ninere,
http://www.opoudjis.net tou p!ounte si na mh si ninere:
"Hearken to an old man's advice --- not to his farts." Tsakonian 
proverb.