Subject: Re: What is the meaning of Loglan?

From: "gregvdyke <[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 18:39:14 -0000

> 
> During a brief transition time I will use the phrase "LLG Loglan" 
so as to 
> distinguish it from TLI Loglan or Jim Carter's Loglan. I trust that 
this will 
> soon become unnecessary. If others use the word "Loglan" I will 
interpret that 
> as being LLG Loglan unless they explicitly describe it as TLI 
Loglan.

On the one hand you want us to explicitely include TLI Loglan among 
our list of collaborators and friends, as acknowledgement of it's 
existence and respect for it's workers.

On the other, you advocate plastering lojban.org with "loglan" and 
intend your usage of "loglan" to mean "lojban" unless explicitely 
stating otherwise.

Is it just me or is there something really wrong here? You seem to be 
imposing a usage which effectivley makes Loglan more diffucult to 
talk about. How is that respectful? I seems more like kicking it in 
the teeth to me.

I suggest that among the many loglan's or LogLan's, the most 
prominent are Lojban and Loglan. If I mention loglan/Loglan it will 
refer either to loglan or Loglan and the meaning will be glorked from 
context (as I'm not going to take any notice of my above suggestion). 
I will not be referring specifically to Lojban and I do not want to 
be interpreted as doing that.

If you insist on making communication with you difficult, then that 
will be fun, so long as we all have the patience/time to pretend to 
missunderstand each other and be most amused by our qui proquo's. For 
the rest of the time I suggest you obey usage (which for once has 
plainly decided).

mu'omi'e greg