Subject: [lojban] Re: the ethics of the HTML content meta tag

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:54:33 -0800

I am not interested in discussing this privately.

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 09:50:51PM -0600, Steven Belknap wrote:
> On Monday, December 9, 2002, at 03:27 PM, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> 
> >Again, if the board wants to over-rule me, that's fine, but I disagree
> >with you, and you are being rude about it. Please stop, because I'm no
> >longer interested in what you have to say.
> 
> I apologize for referring to an aspect of your web site as stupid and
> rude. I would have been more effective to point out that omitting
> references to Loglan is inconsistent with successful web page design,
> which requires deep and broad linking to related sites.

Linking and meta tags are not the same thing.

> I allowed myself to be provoked by your criticism of the Loglan site
> as being unethical for including tags for lojban. Effectively you were
> calling me unethical, for I was proposing that the LLG web site do
> exactly the same. I don't appreciate being called unethical.

That's nice.

> The previous lojban web site had a link to Loglan. For reasons that
> elude me, you changed this to conform to your own point-of-view. 

What are you *talking* about?

Here is an exact mirror of the old site:

http://www.digitalkingdom.org/www.lojban.org.old/

Please show me where there are links to loglan.

> I consider the omission of links to Loglan to be a violation of
> netiquette. 

Links are not tags. There's a link to the Loglan site at
http://www.lojban.org/publications/misc.html, albeit the old site (my
bad).

> I don't appreciate that either. Now you call me rude, apparently
> oblivious to your own posts.

What does my calling you rude have to do with my posts bitching about
you calling me rude? You annoyed me, I am thus less inclined to be
polite to you. I don't see a contradiction.

> I like most of what you have done with the website, but I don't like
> your imposing your own anti-TLI Loglan point of view on the site.

I have not intended to impose an anti-Loglan POV, nor, in fact, do I
have such a point of view. We disagree about meta tags. Deal with it.
If you would like to give me a list of places where you think *links* to
the Loglan site would be appropriate, do so and I'll consider it.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u jmaji le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi