Subject: [lojban] Re: let's get rid of this lojban == loglan crap (was Re: tags)

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:57:15 -0800

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 07:04:21AM -0500, Robert LeChevalier wrote:
> At 09:42 PM 12/9/02 -0600, Jordan DeLong wrote:
> >However, as a member of the community I would like to ask that at the
> >next LLG meeting the "lojban is loglan" statement be considered for
> >revokation.
> 
> I suspect that it will come up. %^) There will in any case be a call
> for agenda items in the spring.

'k. As a voting member, I also would like some clarification on this.

> >If the statement truely would be intended to describe what kind of
> >conlang lojban is, we should make it "lojban is an engelang" or
> >"lojban is a engineered language". However I think the LLG has no
> >reason to have such a statement of the category of the language, so I
> >would suggest that no new statement regarding this subject replace
> >the old.
> 
> The statement was NOT a statement of category, but a unilateral
> declaration of an end to the war with TLI, stating that we had won.

Aaaah. That's a good start. 8) Doubt it'll be enough to get people to
STFU, but it's a good start none the less.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u jmaji le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi