Subject: [lojban] Re: html tag ethics

From: Robert McIvor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 16:40:24 -0500

On Mardi, déce 10, 2002, at 15:47 US/Eastern, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 06:15:36AM -0500, Robert LeChevalier wrote:
>> But the bottom line is that we are trying to cooperate with TLI, not
>> to undercut them (at this stage, they'll live or die without our
>> help), and perceptions can be more important than reality. If we
>> start promoting "Loglan" on our web pages merely in order to get hits
>> from Steven's 500 looking for Loglan, it LOOKS to everyone else like
>> "hype" and "poaching", and will be understood by TLI and by most
>> readers as such. It would be better to negotiate a relationship
>> whereby TLI puts a more prominent link on their page pointing to ours
>> as another implementation of JCB's ideas with an active community, and
>> we put a respectful link on our page acknowledging their site as
>> documenting what we recognize as the predecessor language to Lojban.
>> This is honest, aboveboard, and communicates the way the languages
>> relate to each other.
>>
>> That is the sort of thing I am trying to do with Bob McIvor (and if
>> he and Robin want to work out mutually acceptable wording for mutual
>> pointers along the lines I describe above, I approve)
>
> I have no problems with this. Bob?
>

I have no problems with it either. I will send you a draft of my 
proposed link for
comment when I get my Christmas mail out of the way.

Bob McIvor