Subject: RE: [lojban] Yellow Card to Jordan, And, and Craig

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:30:22 -0500

>Craig, you're making your pilgrimage to Logfest soon, aren't you? :-)

Hopefully, at some point. But it depends in part on factors out of my
control.

>from the next village, the entire village does it. (Craig thinks
>Adam's dictum that "you don't have a reason to do this" is unnecessary
>and divisive. I think Craig is being divisive because he's done a
>Thinkit on this theta, and right now he looks to me like a community of
>one --- but hey, let's see how he goes at Logfest...)

I think that complaining about something the book explicitly mentions as
valid is divisive, yes. I have explained that, to my ear (or my toungue, I'm
not sure which) [T] is a more contrasting sound than [h]. Since the book
lists both, we ought to all understand one another.

I fail to see the connection to Thinkit.

>And the heavens won't burst if people constrain lojban further than
>does the baseline. That means people are trying to tell us something.

No, they won't. That, to me, means that one of two things will happen as
Lojban matures:

1. Experience will show that [T] is really preferable.
2. Experience will show that it doesn't matter.

If 1, [T] will spread beyond me. If 2, then [T] will die when I do (And PC,
but he seems to be fairly silent right now).