Subject: [lojban] HTML mail (was Re: bridling hostility)

From: Jordan DeLong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:58:32 -0600

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 11:33:58AM -0500, Invent Yourself wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Jordan DeLong wrote:
> > Could you not send html in mail? (At least, if you expect it to
> > be read).
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 03:07:22PM +0100, And Rosta wrote:
> > [?]
> 
> Yes, this speaks to the subject, doesn't it?
> 
> The net is a wild and wooly place, and special, old-school requirements
> are surely the responsibility of the eccentric recipient only. HTML mail
> is not unreasonable in the year 2002, when most email clients are
> HTML-savvy.

Most mail clients are *not* HTML savvy. And I know of no good ones
which are. However the real issue is whether HTML is even desirable
for mail. It was certainly not designed for it, and I certainly
don't feel like writing html when replying to things (not to mention
that the HTML one gets tends to be generated and ALL CAPS, non
standards-compliant and unreadable, not to mention it's 90% likely
to contain porn advertisements).

Not suprised to hear you support it though---what with all your
anti-standards "webdesign" outlook on the internet, which we've
discussed before.

-- 
Jordan DeLong - [email-masked]
lu zo'o loi censa bakni cu terzba le zaltapla poi xagrai li'u
sei la mark. tuen. cusku