Subject: RE: [lojban] Re: bridling hostility (was: RE: Re: the ethics of the HTML content meta tag

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:34:24 -0500

>> I think he *is* speaking out of a yen to abuse meta tags (though
>> certainly he wouldn't consider it abuse). He's not satisfied with
>> them either---he wants the <title> tag changed to try to fool search
>> engines. Furthermore I doubt that he is actually speaking out of
>> what he thinks is "best for lojban"---the whole "LLG Loglan" thing
>> is essentially trolling, designed to piss people off and nothing
>> else.
>>
>> It's quite incredible really.

>Is it? The official name of the language is "lojban: a realization of
>Loglan." What is inappropriate about having the *official name* of the
>language in the title of the lojban.org web page? I would oppose
>"fooling" search engines. I would support having the lojban.org web
>presence reflect reality.

Loglan: The Logical Language (your proposed title) includes neither the
offician name ("Lojban: A realization of Loglan") NOR the first word of that
official name, which is the name by which EVERYONE BUT YOU calls the
language.

BTW, I doubt very much that Jordan needed two copies of that last mail.