Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: bridling hostility (was: RE: Re: the ethics of the HTML content meta tag

From: Steven Belknap <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:13:23 -0600

> Loglan: The Logical Language (your proposed title) includes neither the
> offician name ("Lojban: A realization of Loglan") NOR the first word 
> of that
> official name, which is the name by which EVERYONE BUT YOU calls the
> language.

You are misquoting me. That was not my proposed title. I proposed a 
title which had both a LLG Loglan phrase and its corresponding English 
phrase. Several people opined that my LLG Loglan phrase was malglico. 
Of the alternatives, I like inalienable posession here, so the full 
title would be:

la lojban po'e lo lojbo bangu (Loglan: A logical language)

(I would think that the English would be italicized, also possibly in 
a different font, possibly in a different color.)

I prefer <lojbo> to <logji> here, although the latter would be closer 
to being an exact translation of the English. For a variety of reasons, 
legal and pragmatic, I believe that *both* words, lojban and Loglan 
should appear in the title of the main lojban.org page. I would also 
like to see more LLG Loglan text with translation on the lojban.org 
main page. There should be a history of the language link which 
includes a description of the currently peaceful state that exists 
between LLG and TLI.

As I've repeatedly stated, I am not insistent on any particular remedy 
for this issue. There is almost certainly some solution that would 
satisfy most everybody.

-Steven