Subject: Re: [lojban] Word resolution algorithm so far

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 18:18:47 -0500

On Friday 13 December 2002 18:01, Jorge Llambias wrote:
> My preferrence would be to declare "y" next to a vowel
> impermissible always, just as "'" next to a consonant.
>
> Also, I would prefer to restrict the appearance of "y" next
> to "'" to the word ".y'y" and nowhere else.
>
> If so, all of the above strings should give errors.

Actually, since I check for a string containing nothing but cmavo before I 
check for medial 'y', all these are handled by the cmavo splitter. It 
currently calls "da'yba" a single cmavo, though, which is wrong.

According to the Book, "a'y" through "u'y" and "y'a" through "y'u" are 
reserved, so they should be called valid by the lexer and called errors by 
the parser when it can't find their selma'o.

"doy" and "byo" will be caught later by a step that examines all the resolved 
words for permissible adjacent pairs.

phma