Subject: RE: [lojban] Word resolution algorithm so far

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 23:20:09 +0000

la kreig cusku di'e

> >My preferrence would be to declare "y" next to a vowel
> >impermissible always, just as "'" next to a consonant.
>
>Maybe for a full vowel, but yi and yu ought to be permissible dipthongs, 
>no?

I can't pronounce them very easily, so I would prefer that they
not be permitted.

> >Also, I would prefer to restrict the appearance of "y" next
> >to "'" to the word ".y'y" and nowhere else.
>
>That comes in very handy in cmene, when you want an ' sound. la maiky'elsem
>uses it, for one example, and I've never seen you complain about that. Out
>of names and y'y, however, it makes sense to ban it.

I never liked it. Ideally for me names should not deviate from
the morphology of ordinary words. I avoid "y" in names unless
it is used to break an impermissible cluster. I think h-sounds
should be lojbanized as "x" in names, not as "'", but that's
just my preferrence.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail