Subject: Re: [lojban] fu'ivla tarmi preti

From: Robert LeChevalier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 09:21:11 -0500

At 08:16 PM 12/14/02 -0500, Pierre Abbat wrote:
>Okay, so fu'ivla can have any length of medial consonant clusters, and
>{mastststststststaka} is valid. But the specification left out a couple of
>rules:
>
>If removing the initial syllaboid from string S results in a fu'ivla, and the
>initial syllaboid is a cmavo, then S is not a fu'ivla (e.g. {packankua},
>{ickankua}, {raumlongena} are not fu'ivla).
>
>If, however, removing the initial syllaboid from S results in a
>valsrslinku'i, and the initial syllaboid is a cmavo, and S has a consonant
>cluster in the first five letters (not counting y'y and ybu), then S is a
>valid word: either the syllaboid is CV, in which case S is a lujvo, or the
>syllaboid is CVV, CV'V, or all vowels, in which case S is a fu'ivla (e.g.
>{eskrima}, {fauspa'i}).

If the front falls off a fu'ivla, then it is not a valid fu'ivla. The 
section I quoted said that
>Stage 4 fu'ivla
> >require running tests that are not simple to characterize or perform, and
> >should be made only after deliberation and by someone knowledgeable about
> >all the considerations that apply.

CLL doesn't list all the rules and considerations, because then and now, no 
one has determined them all, with certainty. We know what CAN'T be a 
fu'ivla, but only in terms of tests that were never specified.

lojbab

-- 
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org