Subject: [lojban] Re: linkargs question

From: EWC <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 11:11:11 -0700

On Sun, 15 Dec 2002 01:18:36 -0500, Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
wrote:
>According to jbofihe:
>mi klama be fi le zdani le zarci: I go from the house to the market.
>mi klama be le zdani le zarci: I go to the house from the market.
>mi klama fi le zdani le zarci: I go from the house by way of the market.
>
>Go figure. Or more precisely, go to figure from distraction, by way of up the 
>wall, driving your mind!

Oh, that makes sense. It's assigning sumti attached with "be" to the
places of "klama" before the untagged, unattached sumti, shifting sumti
down the order if there's a collision.

Not that that's the official interpretation, of course. I wouldn't be
surprised if you're supposed to assign sumti left-to-right regardless of
"be" and not inside-out. Looks like jbofihe is first assigning sumti
attached with "be" and then starting over with the unattached sumti.
However, I don't think trying to merge two different sumti chains is
something people could do very well in real-time.

-- 
EWC