Subject: Re: [lojban] Alphabet (was Re: More stuff)

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:29:37 -0500 (EST)

Nick Nicholas scripsit:

> (This is why lots of people don't like them --- primarily the Japanese 
> and Chinese, since they conflate their ideograms.) 

Rather: Most of the people who don't like Unicode are Japanese or Chinese.
Unicode has had enthusiastic participation from many Chinese and Japanese
persons *and* official representatives of the various governments involved
(China, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore) since day one.

> What I do object to is 
> the liberty in ordering the component letters in tei...foi; 

I wanted to preserve both the Unicode ordering and the dead-key ordering
as equally natural.

-- 
With techies, I've generally found John Cowan
If your arguments lose the first round http://www.reutershealth.com
Make it rhyme, make it scan http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Then you generally can [email-masked]
Make the same stupid point seem profound! --Jonathan Robie