Subject: Re: [lojban] Lemma and conjecture

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 23:17:43 +0000

la pier cusku di'e

>Conjecture: If two lerpoi R and S which both lack 'y' are such that for all 
>i
>R[i:i+1] is a valid initial consonant pair, valid consonant pair, valid 
>lujvo
>diphthong, fa'u valid fu'ivla diphthong iff S[i:i+1], and R[i] is a vowel,
>consonant, fa'u y'ybu iff S[i] is, then R is a valid brivla iff S is,
>regardless of whether for some i R[i] is 'n', 'r', or 'l' and S[i] isn't.
>
>I am trying to prove the conjecture, but having trouble with words like
>{paske'usazri}, where removing the first rafsi results in {ke'usazri}, 
>which
>falls apart, while {ke'ursazri}, which is a lujvo, when {pas-} is added
>becomes {paske'ursazri}, which falls apart.

(Is the conjecture at all related to the lemma?)

I'm not sure what the status of {ke'unsazri} or {ke'upsazri} is.
Are they valid fu'ivla, because they can't be lujvo, or are they
not valid fu'ivla, because there are possible lujvo of the form
CVVC/CVCCV? If they are valid fu'ivla, then I can't see how the
conjecture could possibly be false. If they are not valid fu'ivla,
then obviously the conjecture is false.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE* 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail