Subject: Re: [lojban] Lojban gender (was: RE: [conculture] Re: Temples in Louisianne

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 18:49:57 +0000

la and cusku di'e

> > to be learned one by one. In Lojban, we have 17 genders, with a
> > pronoun suitable to each: the b-gender, the d-gender, the f-gender,
> > and so on
>
>Unusually, though, "le xunre cukta", "the red (xunre) book (cukta)",
>takes the gender not of the head (c-gender) but of the modifier
>(x-gender), though if the modifier is postposed, "le cukta co xunre",
>it takes the gender of the head.

Is that an official rule? I hesitate between {xycy} and {cy}
for {le xunre cukta}, but I think I never use {xy}. I never
know what to do about {le se broda}, so I end up changing
it to {le selbroda} so as to use {sy}. I might have used
{syby} sometime, too. {le mi broda} is definitely {by}, isn't
it? I also have doubts with {le nu broda}, but it has to be
{ny}.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online 
http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963