Subject: speech recognition

From: "eerotorri <[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 01:10:11 -0000

Hi (yes, I'm new to this list),

I'm investigating if lojban would be the thing that I should invest
some of my time. I'm planning to use the fine speech recognition
package of

http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/sphinx/

teach it to understand lojban and hook this up to CMUCL to parse
things and produce a nice, extensible and robust command language for
computers.(Why, perhaps you could call me a geek :-)

Now, I'd like to hear your opinion if this is something that already
exists in some form or if there would be an easier way without
learning lojban and instead do X 

Other thing is that I saw in some document a note that lojban should
be easy to recognize with the speech recognition algorithms. Has this
been tested or has the set of phonemes been somehow selected from
statistical information to be optimally distributed in the recognition
space?

If my question makes no sense to you it might be because I'm not
actually a specialist in languages nor in speech recognition
technology but rather a programmer.