Subject: Forms of y-less brivla

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 22:02:11 -0500

Here is a proposed way to enumerate the set of y-less brivla and divide them 
into lujvo, gismu, and fu'ivla. (There are no lujvo based on rafsi fu'ivla in 
this set; all such words have 'y' in them.)

1. List all lerpoi that have at least two syllables, end in a vowel, have at 
least one consonant cluster in the first five letters not counting 
apostrophes, begin with a valid initial cluster no longer than three 
consonants or with a vowel, have no apostrophes that are not adjacent to two 
vowels, and have no invalid consonant clusters. These are the possible y-less 
brivla. If an invalid diphthong is in the lerpoi, assume a comma; thus {spou} 
is in this set, but {spai} isn't. If they have fewer than five letters and 
have a valid consonant cluster (or valid initial, if it is initial), count 
them in.

2. Enumerate all gismu and lujvo (including meaningless ones such as 
{xoxmau}) ignoring the tosmabru rule. Ignore all lujvo that contain 'y'.

3. For all possible y-less brivla S that begin with consonant clusters, 
consider S, CVS, VS, CVVS, VVS, and VVVS, where apostrophes may be present 
between V's.
a. If CVS and S are both lujvo, mark CVS as invalid by the tosmabru rule.
b. If CVS is a lujvo and S is not, mark S as invalid by the slinku'i rule.
c. If S is valid, mark CVS, VS, CVVS, VVS, and VVVS as invalid.

4. All remaining valid lerpoi, and no others, are actual y-less brivla. All 
those not marked as gismu or lujvo are fu'ivla.

phma