Subject: Re: [lojban] Bug in word break algorithm

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 20:24:22 +0000

la pier cusku di'e

>On Monday 06 January 2003 13:37, Jorge Llambias wrote:
> > I don't know what the front-middle method is, but a slinku'i
> > is any form starting with a permissible initial cluster such
> > that if you remove the initial consonant you are left with a
> > lujvo. So if you can recognize a lujvo, you can also easily
> > recognize a slinku'i.
>
>Not exactly; it's any form starting with a permissible initial cluster, and
>which is not a lujvo, such that prepending CV produces a lujvo. {branda} 
>and
>{spa'i} are slinku'i.

Right, I should have said: "any nonlujvo form starting with a
permissible initial cluster such that if you remove the
initial consonant you are left with a lujvo, a gismu or a
3-letter rafsi".

So if you can tell whether or not something is a lujvo, you
can also tell whether or not something is a slinku'i.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE* 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus