Subject: [lojban] Re: open and save

From: Robin Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 10:38:50 +0200

Invent Yourself wrote:
[snip]
> 
> We say that the water is contained by a jar because we can easily
> imagine water that's not contained by a jar. Can we have data "outside" of
> a file? Does the mere recording of data instantiate a file if we ever hope
> to find it again? (/dev/null is a distraction that will be ignored.)

Eve if we are using "file" in the broad, unixy sense (to include 
executables, symbolic links etc) I still think we can have data which is 
not a file. What about output? Are the commands sent by the ppp daemon 
to my modem really files?

mu'o mi'e solri

-- 
"Do unto others what you would like others to do unto you. And have fun 
doing it."
- Linus Torvalds

Robin Turner
IDMYO,
Bilkent University
Ankara 06533
Turkey

www.bilkent.edu.tr/~robin