Subject: [lojban] Re: la jbovlaste cu cando

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 00:41:20 -0500

On Sunday 12 January 2003 22:10, Jordan DeLong wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 06:17:36PM -0500, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> > I just checked jbovlaste (http://nehwon.dyn.wiw.org/jbovlaste) and no
> > one's changed anything for over a month. Anyone want to beat on it and
> > find some more bugs? Anyone know the names of some more languages?
>
> I think most of the people who did any work on it have by now lost
> interest.
>
> Jay would possibly give you access if you feel like working on it.
> He doesn't read the list anymore IIRC, so you'll likely need to
> stop by IRC to ask him.

I have little time to spend on Lojban programming, since I generally get home 
tired from work and have to buy food/cook food/pay bills/etc. before leaving 
the next morning. The time I do have, I am currently spending on the lexer, 
which hopefully will fix a bug in jbovlaste, that you can't enter certain 
words because vlatai thinks they're invalid. I probably could improve 
jbovlaste if I had the time - I have been writing a PHP/PostgreSQL web 
application for over eight months (anyone want to throw me some dargs?) - but 
at the moment I only have the basil.

The site needs some more testing, as well as programming. I can't find all the 
bugs myself. I don't know enough Hebrew, for instance, to find bidi bugs as 
well as Avital or Adam, and if a bug shows only on a Mac, I won't find it.

phma