Subject: [lojban] Re: Lojban on my website (French)

From: jexom. <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 22:09:20 +0100

Le mercredi, 15 jan 2003, à 21:27 Europe/Paris, And Rosta a écrit :
> Greg:
>> I would suggest the best approximation of {lojban} in French is 
>> leaujbanne
>> I don't see the use of the in lojebane.
>
> For the quick pronunciation indicator, what about "LOGE-banne"? For
> normal reference, "Lojban" since that is how it is spelt in Lojban.
>
> --And.

OK Greg and And, thanks. Yes the "o" in "lojban" is more a French "eau" 
than "o", yes it is stressed on "loj", and yes "banne" is look more 
French than "bane". So I think "LEAUJ-banne" is indeed better than 
"lojebane", although a bit odd... And for normal reference, I'll keep 
"lojban", since in French language names are no capitalized as they are 
in English (French/français, English/anglais, Lojban/lojban).
J.