Subject: Re: [lojban] Some comments on the FAQ

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 20:23:04 +0000

la lojbab cusku di'e

> >{djarspageti} is NOT a type-3 fu'ivla. Only consonant ending
> >rafsi can be used in type-3.
>
>That is NOT what CLL says, and it uses djarspageti as an example.

This is the pertinent passage:

Prefix the result of steps 1-5 with a 4-letter rafsi that categorizes the 
fu'ivla into a ``topic area''. It is only safe to use a 4-letter rafsi; 
short rafsi sometimes produce invalid fu'ivla. Hyphenate the rafsi to the 
rest of the fu'ivla with an ``r''-hyphen; if that would produce a double 
``r'', use an ``n''-hyphen instead; if the rafsi ends in ``r'' and the rest 
of the fu'ivla begins with ``n'' (or vice versa) use an ``l''-hyphen. (This 
is the only use of ``l''-hyphen in Lojban.)
Alternatively, if a CVC-form short rafsi is available it can be used instead 
of the long rafsi.

> >{djarspageti} happens to be a
> >valid fu'ivla, but for example {djarpitsa} is not (it fails
> >slinku'i).
>
>Could you explain how it fails slinku'i?

le djarpitsa -> led-jar-pitsa

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus