Subject: [lojban] loi preti be fi lo nincli zo'u tu'e

From: Martin Bays <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 13:33:18 +0000 (UTC)

coi ro do

.i mi jinvi le du'u .aunai .ii ro'a bigmli le nu ninpengau fi mi

.i le pu'u mi mi'e. maten. cilre fi la lojban. masti li so'u .ije ru'i
manci le du'u ly. frica ro .a'ucu'i rarbau xokau da kei .e le du'u .io
teva'u makau se finti

.i mi pu ze'a di'inai steci'a lo'i preti be le lojbo gerna tezu'e le nu
lu'o ro do .e'oru'e .einaidai la'acu'i spuda so'u py .i semu'i bo mi bazi
te preti fi so'e lo su'eso'umoi be py bei le ka cinri

.i le mi preti cu te bangu fi le .u'u .a'unai glibau mu'i le li'i terpa le
nu na'e jmigau

.i le preti zo'u zoi gy.

Is a jek-connected tanru like {ricfu je ninmu} still a single selbri? And
in that case, what is its place structure, given that {ricfu} and {ninmu}
have quite different place structures?

What's the difference between {LE broda pe BAI LE brode} and {LE broda be
BAI LE brode}?

The "imaginary journey" idea doesn't seem to make much sense for some
FAhA cmavo, such as fa'a, to'o, zo'i. What does {fa'a broda} mean? Or
indeed {fa'a mo'i broda}? How about {broda fa'a ko'a}? {broda fa'a mo'i
ko'a} has an obvious interpretation, though again it doesn't fit in with
an imaginary journey starting from ko'a.

Is there any general rule for where events happens for the purposes of
spatial tenses? For example, if I say {mi ca'u catlu}, as I understand it
that means the {mi catlu} is true at a point in front of me. But does that
mean I'm looking at something in front of me, or that (paradoxically) I'm
in front of myself as I look, or what?

Does {ze'e ro roi ku ganai broda gi brode} mean "for each point of time,
if broda then brode" or "if (broda over the whole of time) then (brode
over the whole of time)?

How to use functions with ranges beyond the numbers? E.g. if I have a
function f:A->B with A and B sets {fy fancu abu noi selcmi ku'o by noi
selcmi}, what's f(x)? According to jbofi'e, {ma'o fy boi xy} and {le ma'o
fy boi xy} are both ungrammatical, and does {li ma'o fy boi xy} make
sense?

Are there exact rules for how overriding components of a pro-bridi works?
e.g. in {da zo'u remna .i naku go'i} is the second sentence equivalent to
{naku da zo'u remna} or {da zo'u naku remna}?
Do tenses add up or overwrite? How about attitudinals? seltcita sumti
with the same tcita? What happens when you bring in connectives? And so
on.

What happens when more than one modal place is filled in a bridi? E.g. if
{broda cau ko'a secau ko'e}, is it true that {ko'a caxlu ko'e} or just
that {ge ko'a caxlu zo'e gi zo'e caxlu ko'e}? Similarly, is {broda cau
ko'a cau ko'e} legit, and does it mean the same as {broda cau ko'a .e
ko'e}?

gy. ca jenai la'acu'i ba banzu

.i ki'esai

---
#^t'm::>#shs>:#,_$1+9j9"^>h>" < v
:>8*0\j" o'u" v" e'i" v".neta"^q>
;z,[; > > ^