Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: valfendi algorithm

From: Robert LeChevalier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 07:56:34 -0500

At 06:32 PM 1/23/03 -0500, Pierre Abbat wrote:
>On Thursday 23 January 2003 15:13, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> > Hoo-boy.
> >
> > What, exactly, do the proofs demonstrate?
>
>Hopefully, that all well-formed Lojban words can be lexed correctly by the
>algorithm, regardless of what Lojban words precede and follow them, as long
>as the syllables are stressed correctly and pauses are inserted where
>required.

This does not sound like it is a proper defining algorithm for the Lojban 
morphology as you've described it, and as a first glance at the text 
indicates. It may parse all well-formed Lojban words, but it also may 
successfully lex some not-well-formed Lojban (your algorithm seems to allow 
fu'ivla with embedded text strings that would invalidate the fu'ivla if it 
is a proper gismu or rafsi, but allows the fu'ivla if it is not). This is 
merely another stage in our long running dispute as to whether type IV 
fu'ivla are to be constrained to specific forms positively defined, or can 
consist of anything lexable word that could be a brivla that isn't a gismu 
or lujvo.

lojbab

-- 
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org