Subject: [lojban] Minor YACC grammar change idea.

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 12:58:34 -0800

Now, don't go all freaking out until you've read it.

In the process of back-translating Nick's math page, I found that to say
x_1 (x sub 1), you need to do xy. boi xi pa. xy. xi pa will not work.
I can't imagine that any amibiguity would result from allowing this.

I propose, having not tested it thorougly, that we add

| XI_424 BOI_gap_461

to operand_C_385, because I *think* that will allow this without adding
in anything unwarranted.

But I don't know the YACC grammar as well as others, so I would like
comments on whether that change would work.

*PLEASE* do not comment on whether the change is a good idea or not;
we all know the arguments against changing the grammar, and I'm on the
side of not changing it by default myself, and that's a bpfk discussion
anyways.

Thank you.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u crepu le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi