Subject: Re: [lojban] .i'a question

From: Robert LeChevalier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 12:20:03 -0500

At 01:13 AM 1/26/03 -0800, Theodore Reed wrote:
><file://c:\program files\qualcomm\eudora\attach\[lojban] .i'a question.ems 
><0880.0002>>[lojban] .i'a question.ems

For many of the attitudes we really had only a clear concept of one end of 
the range, since there seemed to be no unambiguous meaning for the other

If I understand the question:

.i'a "acceptance" was intended by me to be understood as 
"nonblame"/"refusal to blame" sort of acceptance (in English we would 
probably explicitly deny blame "No, I don't blame you"; with "i'acu'i being 
some sort of "tolerance"/"ambivalance as to blame"

.i'ecu'i is a different sort of "acceptance".

I get book orders mailed late, but have a valid excuse. One could react to 
this with disapproval and nonblame (acceptance). I get this a lot.
I get a speeding ticket driving someone to the hospital; the police officer 
understands but can't let me off because what I did was too reckless. This 
seems to me to be nonapproval (acceptance) and blame.

I think the nonblame acceptance and disapproval comes up a lot with kids, 
and people deemed not in control of their situations.
Nonapproval blame tends to be a reaction more to adults making good 
decisions with bad consequences that affect us personally.

lojbab

-- 
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org