Subject: RE: [lojban] za'e "postnex"

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:49:12 -0000

John:
> And Rosta scripsit:
> 
> > I agree that the way forward for Lojban is to have robust ways of
> > indicating which dialect is being used. Unmarked or unclear mixing
> > of dialects is what is to be avoided, because in that way meaning
> > becomes indeterminate 
> 
> The trouble is that the conventions have to be cross-dialectal to work well 
> In particular, what about dialects like formal written English, which admits
> no other dialects save in quotation marks?
> 
> (Just being difficult.)

How do software designers handle this problem -- of declaring their
version in a way that is intelligible to files couched in other
versions?

--And.