Subject: [lojban] Community Proposal To Develop Conversational Fluency

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 19:38:49 -0800

The following things seem to be true:

1. We all bitch about having no-one to speak lojban with.
2. The computer voice chat thing isn't working.

Given that, I propose the following, which I call:

The Lojbanic Phone-Buddies Network

1. A bunch of people who are interested state their interest, skill
level in *conversational* lojban, and how much money they can spend.

2. Each such person is paired up with a person of higher or equal skill
level (this means that each person should actually be paired with two
people: one above/same and one below). The pairings should also take
into account financial ability: I am able to afford calls to Europe, for
example; many people in the US won't be so able.

3. The pairs determine among themselves when and for how long each week
to have a phone conversation in (or at least mostly in) lojban. They
also determine who is going to pay, or, if both will pay sometimes, how
that will be mixed.

Theoretically, this should lead to a large network of people who all
speak lojban fairly fluently, and at least somewhat speak the same
dialect.

What do you all think?

-Robin
PS: As the proposer, I get dibs on Nick. 8)

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u crepu le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi