Subject: [lojban] Re: Community Proposal To Develop Conversational Fluency

From: Arnt Richard Johansen <[email-masked]>

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> The following things seem to be true:
>
> 1.  We all bitch about having no-one to speak lojban with.

mi na go'i

> 2.  The computer voice chat thing isn't working.

ma nabmi le go'i .i xu na benji le sance?

> 3.  The pairs determine among themselves when and for how long each week
> to have a phone conversation in (or at least mostly in) lojban.  They
> also determine who is going to pay, or, if both will pay sometimes, how
> that will be mixed.

mi na'e nelci lo nu tavla fi zi'o .i ru'a so'i prenu go'i

> Theoretically, this should lead to a large network of people who all
> speak lojban fairly fluently, and at least somewhat speak the same
> dialect.

go'i .i cumki fa lo lojbo nunbacru nunfrica ba jimpe nabmi .i la'anai le
go'i ba me la sapir uorf nabmi .i le gerna noi me la sapir uorf vajni cu
manfo le ka bacru joi le ka ciska

> What do you all think?

zabna .i ku'i canai cinri mi poi pamei

-- 
Arnt Richard Johansen http://arj.nvg.org/
I think it's fair to say that a lot of Hikawa's popularity is due to the
novelty factor of his youth; most male enka singers look like they've been
driving trucks up and down the Tomei Highway for 20 years while living on a
diet of ramen, shochu and shabu (speed). -Steve McClure