Subject: [lojban] Re: Would anyone actually read this?

From: Aaron Unger <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Jan 2003 01:11:57 -0800

On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 00:45, Rob Speer wrote:
> The only problem I see is that your audience will probably be limited
> to
> those who already are skilled in Lojban - those who are marginally
> interested in the language probably won't be persuaded to learn more
> by
> a cryptography book.

Generally, I'd agree, but OTOH, I'd have to say that I'd be interested
in reading it, and I have practically no lojban skills. (I'm working on
it, but it's turning out to be a slow process.) So a book like this
would be great, for me at least, since it's on an interesting subject,
and would require me to expand my lojban knowledge while reading it.
And, even better, it would give me a foundation for other technical
writing, like mathematical formulas, scientific papers, etc. which I am
bound to want to write someday (in lojban). Learn 2 skills at once!
Perfect!

I'm probably the exceptional oddball, though, that likes languages AND
crypto. Perhaps there are more like me... :-)

-- Aaron Unger

--
Prejudice:
A vagrant opinion without visible means of support.
-- Ambrose Bierce