Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: Grammatical Examples in the CLL (was Re: Re: Ungrammatical examples in CLL)

From: Robert LeChevalier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 22:26:10 -0500

At 08:11 PM 2/6/03 -0600, Jordan DeLong wrote:
[unquotable]

It appears you are correct, and I was using a not quite final parser. The 
final parser indeed rejects it.

Techfix 45 rejiggered the .ije grammar with the result that prenexes are 
not allowed after ije, but apparently Cowan did not consider the effects on 
his own examples and explanation.

This gets bumped to Cowan who wrote both the examples and the techfix (to 
explain author intent), and thence to byfy for resolution of what seems to 
be a clear contradiction between the text explanation/examples in Chapter 
16 section 10 and the final grammar resulting from the techfix.

I coulda sworn someone ran all the examples through the final parser a LONG 
time ago.

lojbab

-- 
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org