Subject: [lojban] Re: sumtcita needed, badly.

From: Martin Bays <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 09:50:44 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> I can't even count the number of times in conversational lojban that
> I've wanted a sumtcita for *any* word that has a 'topic' or 'subject of
> discussion' sort of place.
>
> It's also pretty sad that there's no analogue to cusku with a subject
> place i.e. expression on a topic. cusku requires actual *text* in the
> second place, which just blows my mind; I can't think of any reason for
> that.
>

cusku can also take a sedu'u abstraction, so couldn't you use {jai se
cu'u} (or maybe {se jai cu'u} - I can never remember which order the FA
operators act in)?

Else - what's wrong with fi'o? fi'o se {casnu|jufra|du'u cusku}?

[BTW - this address shouldn't bounce, even if things do go fuck-fuck.

BTW2 - still waiting for permission on the CA translation. The author's
basically ok with it, but the publishers hold the copyright. I'll tell you
if I get anywhere.]

---
.i mi mi'e maten. mo'u mrilu mulno mu'o