Subject: [lojban] Re: sumtcita needed, badly.

From: Martin Bays <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 09:55:44 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, Martin Bays wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
>
> > I can't even count the number of times in conversational lojban that
> > I've wanted a sumtcita for *any* word that has a 'topic' or 'subject of
> > discussion' sort of place.
> >
> > It's also pretty sad that there's no analogue to cusku with a subject
> > place i.e. expression on a topic. cusku requires actual *text* in the
> > second place, which just blows my mind; I can't think of any reason for
> > that.
> >
>
> cusku can also take a sedu'u abstraction, so couldn't you use {jai se
> cu'u} (or maybe {se jai cu'u} - I can never remember which order the FA
> operators act in)?

No, wait a minute, that doesn't work at all.

Sorry. Please ignore me.

---
.i mi mi'e maten. mo'u mrilu mulno mu'o