Subject: [lojban] Threading Issues (or, please don't use hotmail)

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 01:51:07 -0800

It turns out that certain web mail services, in particular MSN and
hotmail, break threading for certain threading mail readers, in
particular mutt, which an unreasonable percentage of this list uses.

There are two aspects to this solution:

1. Don't use hotmail. I am not, at this time, aware of any other
webmail service that has this problem. You can also ask me to give you
a real account on my machine.

2. If you are a mutt user, it will make things much better for you if
you add these lines to your .muttrc:

set strict_threads=no
set sort_re=no

This should make threads re-coalesce, even when hotmail mails are
interspersed. 

set thread_received=yes

might also be helpful; it should deal with people whose clocks are set
strangely.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u crepu le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi