Subject: Re: [lojban] mi zvati la dotygug

From: Brook Conner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 16:44:58 -0500

On Saturday, February 15, 2003, at 05:23 PM, Pierre Abbat wrote:

> On Saturday 15 February 2003 21:59, Björn Gohla wrote:
>> well then "lanen." is probably as close as it gets.
>
> But you still can't have "lanen." as a Lojban word because "la" falls 
> off. So
> what should it be?

Pg. 67 of CLL suggests replacing "la" in foreign names with "ly", and 
inserting "y" between impermissible consonant pairs. "ng", however, 
*is* a permissible pair.

This suggests the following:

la lyngen.

noting that the g is pronounced - the n may be pronounced either as "n" 
or as the "ng" in the English "running" (a back nasal, I think is the 
term).

But I don't speak German.....

Brook
-----
Cross platform apps are like unisex underwear.