Subject: [lojban] Re: skiji

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 18:03:10 +0100

On Wednesday 19 February 2003 17:05, jexOm. wrote:
> coi. rodo .i mi'e jexOm.
>
> Do you understand the following?
>
> {.i le nu mi pu klama le cmana poi se cmene zo .alp. tezu'e mi te skiji loi
> snime}

"That I went to the mountain called Alp for my purpose is skiing on snow." 
Events of going to mountains don't ski on snow.

> Would there be a better way of saying it?
> For example, would {le la .alp. cmana} be better than {le cmana poi se
> cmene zo .alp.}?

I would say {lai .alp}. {le cmana poi se cmene zo .alp} means that "Alp" is 
the name of a mountain, not a mountain range. {le la .alp. cmana} means "the 
mountain of the Alp", which indicates that you have a particular mountain in 
mind, and sounds OK to me. {la .alp. cman.} means "Mount Alp".

> Is {loi} appropriate for {snime} here?

Yes.

> Is the construction {le nu ... tezu'e ...} correct for saying "I have done
> this for/in_order_to do that"?

No. It should be {mi klama tezu'e lenu te skiji} or {mi zukte lenu klama kei 
lenu skiji}.

mu'omi'e pier.

-- 
.i toljundi do .ibabo mi'afra tu'a do
.ibabo damba do .ibabo do jinga
.icu'u la ma'atman.