Subject: [lojban] Re: skiji

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 12:03:07 -0800

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 05:05:09PM +0100, jexOm. wrote:
> coi. rodo .i mi'e jexOm.
> 
> Do you understand the following?
> 
> {.i le nu mi pu klama le cmana poi se cmene zo .alp. tezu'e mi te skiji loi snime}

The event of I went to the mountains called the alps with goal mi is the
skier on snow.

Ummm...

Remove the le nu at the front and add a le nu after tezu'e gives you:

.i mi pu klama le cmana poi se cmene zo .alp. tezu'e le nu mi te skiji
loi snime

which is

I went to the mountains with name Alp for the goal of I ski on the snow.

Which I think is what you want.

> Would there be a better way of saying it?
> For example, would {le la .alp. cmana} be better than {le cmana poi se cmene zo
> .alp.}?

Nope; that's the mountains owned by someone named Alp, conventionally at
least.

I'd use "be me'e".

> Is {loi} appropriate for {snime} here?

Absolutely.

> Is the construction {le nu ... tezu'e ...} correct for saying "I have
> done this for/in_order_to do that"?

See above.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u crepu le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi