Subject: [lojban] EBNF from yacc

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:55:18 -0800

So, someone said recently that it would be nice to get EBNF out of the
yacc lojban grammar so we could compare them for the errors and stuff.

I happened to randomly find this today:

NAME
yyextract - extract grammar rules from a yacc grammar

SYNOPSIS
yyextract [-behyV] [-o file] [-t title] [-w cols] [file ...]

DESCRIPTION
The yyextract utility extracts the grammar rules from a yacc grammar.

The options are as follows:

-b Select the Backus-Naur Form (BNF) for the output.

-e Select the Extended Backus-Naur Form (EBNF) for the output.

The output format looks rather different than our EBNF, though, because our
EBNF is amazingly non-standard, and I suspect that the transformations
involved are NP-hard anyways.

But it's attached in case anyone is interested.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u crepu le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi