Subject: RE: [lojban] Nick will be with you shortly

From: Nick Nicholas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:58:37 +1100

No problem, Craig. Now, it *is* true that I will be pushing a 
solution to {loi}, in a few months, based on what has been going on 
in jboske; and there will be other things coming out of jboske from 
time to time. But that does not mean the rest of BPFK has to accept 
it; jboske is a faction (I guess) and a forum, but it won't be a 
cabal, both because its discussions are public, and because it's 
really only 3 or 4 people. jboske has a mission (get its shit 
together for the BPFK), but no mandate: it is the BPFK which has that 
mandate. Now, I'll be royally pissed off if the BPFK says my solution 
is too baroque to be acceptable (or that there is no problem with 
{loi} to be solved), but I'll just have to lump it.

I may start acting cabal-ish in the months ahead. I trust you all 
will call me out on this if I do.

My major remaining task, which I'll have to do next week, is to write 
a sample definition of a cmavo; that will be {nau}, and I'll be 
trying it out on jbovlaste. Again, sorry for delay and chaos, and the 
regularly scheduled programme will commence soon.

-- 
**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****
* Dr Nick Nicholas, French & Italian Studies [email-masked] *
University of Melbourne, Australia http://www.opoudjis.net
* "Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity of locutional rendering, the *
circumscriptional appelations are excised." --- W. Mann & S. Thompson,
* _Rhetorical Structure Theory: A Theory of Text Organisation_, 1987. *
**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****