Subject: [lojban] Re: Any (was: Nick will be with you shortly)

From: "G. Dyke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:31:06 +0100

cu'u la kreig

> mi nitcu da. Let's start with that. Do you at least agree that there isn't
a
> specific thing which I mean that I need?
> Okay, good. Now onto da poi mikce. That means that the da must be a
doctor,
> but ads no further restrictions.
> Now onto lo. mi nitcu lo mikce = mi nitcu da poi mikce. We already agreed
on
> that one.
> Therefore, I am expressing Any with this usage. QED.

I'm not sure that {mi klama lo mikce} == {mi klama da poi mikce}

(I use klama so that we're not messing about with subordinate sentences)

I'd say that if {roda poi mikce zo'u mi klama su'o da} is different from {da
poi mikce zo'u mi klama da} then the first is what we want, otherwise, both
are equivalent to "mi klama lo mikce" and I'd say that was the solution.

I'm not sure what this "Any" means. How does Edoctor(x)(need(me,x)) differ
from "I need any doctor"?

Greg