Subject: [lojban] Re: Any (was: Nick will be with you shortly)

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:07:51 -0800

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 09:39:07PM -0500, Craig wrote:
> >No. What follows is that "there isn't a specific thing you need"
> >with that usage. That doesn't make it Any.
> 
> If "mi nitcu lo mikce" means that I need a doctor, but that there is
> no specific doctor that I need, 

It means no such thing.

It means that there is something you need that is definately at least
one doctor. You haven't defined your paramaters beyond that, but that
doesn't mean the don't exist. A proctologist will be of very little
help with your cataracts.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u crepu le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi