Subject: [lojban] Re: Any (was: Nick will be with you shortly)

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 19:34:13 -0800

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 10:27:10PM -0500, Craig wrote:
> >Note, however, that the original discussion was about nitcu, with the
> >x3 unspecified. That makes *all* the difference to me.
> 
> Therefore the scope of da is limited to the mikce that are acceptable
> with your ternitcu. However, you do not explain why the unspecified
> ternitcu makes the difference from 'any doctor' to 'the doctor I have
> in mind'.

Actually, I have. Several times.

What if the unspecified ternitcu is "le nu cikre le mi besna"? "Any
doctor" is most likely *not* a brain surgeon.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u crepu le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi